As the world’s economy becomes increasingly globalized and more distinct, it is important for all executives to understand the issues that drive investment and financing decisions in order to maximize value for their organizations.
“In today’s business world, when every manager is held accountable for the bottom line, you have to be finance savvy!”
Finance for Non Finance Managers is a topic you must understand—especially during challenging economic times when financial acumen is expected at every organizational level. This program offers a comprehensive introduction to the major concepts of finance theory and practice. The program equips managers with the confidence and the competence in dealing with the underlying issues concerning questions like “How should a firm spend its money”? “How should a firm raise capital?” ”How to maximize returns and minimize risks?” This program shows non-finance managers the concepts, tools and techniques that can help make each decision pay off—on the job and on the bottom line.
• To equip managers with the confidence and the competence to use finance to create business value.
• To equip non finance managers with the concepts, tools, and techniques to make financially prudent decisions and make each decision pay off on the job and on the company bottomline.
• To provide participants with the critical practical tools to understand the financial implications of their strategic decisions.
• To gain insight into applying business valuation techniques to assess the value of potential investment projects.
Programme overview, underlying concepts and scope of finance
Accounting basics: Financial reports:- how to read between the lines, what auditors look for.
Financial Statements Analysis
Budgeting and Cost control
Techniques of Capital investment analysis (playback period, accounting rate of return, net present value and internal rate of return)
Capital rationing decisions
Analysis of risk and return on investment projects
Capital structure decisions
Effective financial planning and control
Using finance to create business value
Measuring firm and business unit’s performance
Who should attend?
CEOs, general managers, senior managers, functional heads, regional heads etc. Senior functional managers outside finance and corporate customer relations officers in financial institutions who require a better understanding of the financial impact of business decisions.
Expected Returns on Investment
This program creates an understanding of financial statements and financial key performance indicators in relation to strategic decision making. It will equip participants to understand for example how financial markets view the firm’s investments, how to do risk assessment and sensitivity analysis in decision making and how to manage corporate capital structure in practice. It equips executives with the hands on experience they need to read and interpret financial statements, talk numbers and make executive decisions with confidence.
June 1st – 3rd , 2017 (Accra- Ghana)
June 8th -10th, 2017 (Lagos – Nigera)
Duration: 3 days
Program Fee: US$995 (USD) or its equivalent in Ghana cedis or Nigerian Naira
– includes program design and delivery, tuition, case licensing fees, program materials, certificate, coffee breaks and lunch
Program Fee Discount Offer
• 10% discount for up to 5 people from the same organization.
• 15% discount for more than 5 executives from the same organization
Upon successful completion of all sessions you receive the Certificate of Professional Achievement in Finance for Non-Finance Managers from NIBS and SBS Swiss Business School.