To be recognized as the leading practical business school in Africa which develops, educates and trains business leaders and professionals throughout their careers.
To develop innovative business and professional leaders who have habits of the mind – at once
flexible and insightful, informed by experience and yet oriented towards innovation – and thus
capable of advancing areas of organizational practice to achieve measurable results.
We achieve this mission by:
What makes NIBS Different?
- Discovery-rich Performance Learning (DPL) Model – an educational approach with an
emphasis on training through work-integrated practice (doing) and team learning –
whereby for each program participants work in the field and with teaching companies to
discover real organizational challenges and opportunities, and apply their knowledge to
solve the problems by developing actionable plans and/or create new business ventures.
- Discover-Do-Believe-Know (DDBK) logic underpins our program design and delivery to
develop ‘executive thinkers and doers’, who:
- Discover and understand the management challenges facing the company;
- Do things differently to provide viable solutions using the best (and next) practice management tools and methodologies to assess their effectiveness and advantages over current tools they use,
- Believe in the new management knowledge and associated tools they learn by
phasing out outdated practices and demonstrating new behaviors and values, and
- Know the importance of, and show commitment to, continuous new learning for
personal and organizational improvement and innovation.