The mission of the DBA program is to develop executives to more effectively under-stand new trends in business & management research so that they can assume se-nior management and leadership responsibilities. The DBA is a practice-oriented doctoral program informed by academic theory in an attempt to bridge the industry-academic divide. Hence, the research approach is consistent with action or survey research and evidence-based management. It aims to:
- Enable experienced executives develop a deeper understanding of manage-ment theory and research.
- Develop practitioner-scholars who will conduct and publish the results of ri-gorous applied management research that advance an area of knowledge and practice, and
- Develop thought leaders/teachers in various fields of business and manage-ment thought.
From a learning and skill perspective, the program enables students to:
- Acquire knowledge and expertise required to identify, understand and suc-cessfully tackle the interdisciplinary, big-picture issues that characterize busi-ness management today
- Exhibit analytical and research skills in formal social inquiry required to define and address complex issues and to disseminate knowledge related to their profession in a variety of professional and public outlets to influence professional activity, management practice and public policy
- Demonstrate expertise in a specific topic area through the design, execution, and completion of a doctoral dissertation that contributes to knowledge and practice of the field.
- Demonstrate ability to disseminate new knowledge through publications in practitioner journals and conferences and where possible academic outlets.
- Develop key skills in the design and delivery of educational courses through understanding of the theory and practice of teaching in business education.